Friday, February 19, 2010

AAMIR ATLAS CONFIDENT TO BEAT TOP SEED


PESHAWAR: Squash player Aamir Atlas is confident to beat World No 1 Ramy Ashour of Egypt in the North American Open Squash Championship, the second PSA Super Series event of the year to be commencing at Richmond University Campus, Virginia from February 21-27.Aamir will leave for Virginia from Islamabad on Friday (Feb 19). After winning double gold medals in South Asian Games (SAG), Aamir had vowed to maintain the winning streak."Top of the line players will take part in the championship and I have trained hard to improve my game," said Aamir. Aamir will face a qualifier in the first round and is anticipated to take on the defending champion and tournament favourite Ramy Ashour in the second round of the event."I am every excited about this particular match.I have recently beaten the then World No 1 Gregry Gaultier. I'm looking forward to replicate the same performance," he said. "I will not be preoccupied with the fact that my second round opponent is World No 1 and I will be putting in my best to beat him and would also try to claim the title," Aamir told APP before leaving for Islamabad.Aamir said that he had enjoyed playing in South Asian Games in Dhaka where he clinched gold medal in individual event and also led his side to clinch team event's gold medal.

No comments:

Post a Comment